SCHS Dress Code
2021-2022 School Year
Please refer to the following when dressing for the school day or school sponsored events. SCHS has worked hard to create a dress code policy that is free from gender bias and is equal for all. The dress code below is for all SCHS students.
PLEASE NOTE: Clothes of any type will not be permitted that advertise drugs, alcohol, or that have
obscene language, inflammatory language, images or suggestive messages.
- Shorts, skirts, dresses, etc. should be at least fingertip length all the way around
- Holes should fall below fingertip length or be covered
- Pants, shorts, skirts, etc. should be worn at least at hip height. NO saggy or droopy pants worn will be permitted regardless of what is worn underneath. No pants worn below the hips.
- Tops should completely cover the midriff (including sides). NO off the shoulder, crop top, one-shoulder, halter-tops, or belly shirts should be worn at any time
- Straps must be at least 3 fingers wide on the shoulder
- Jersey and/or mesh material is not permitted without a shirt underneath
HATS / HOODS / ETC:
- Bandanas/handkerchiefs may not be worn in the building at anytime
- Hats may be worn but must be free of offensive language, anything related to drugs/alcohol, and/or other offensive messages (hats must not cover any part of the face)
- Hoods are not allowed at any time. This includes hoods on sweatshirts, jackets, etc.
- Administration has the final call on any hat related issues
PAJAMAS / BLANKETS:
- Pajamas and/or blankets should not be worn at anytime unless there is a special day announced with prior approval
- Shoes should have a hard sole on the bottom
- Houseshoes should not be worn at anytime
- If a student has a physical education class, they must wear appropriate shoes to avoid injury
- Sunglasses are not allowed inside the building
- Jewelry should not be worn that is deemed potentially dangerous and all jewelry worn is at student’s own risk
Student dress code can be amended without prior notice by the administration. Students in violation of the dress code will be expected to correct the situation in one of the following ways:
- Turn the garment inside out.
- Wear an article of clothing provided by the school (must be returned)
- Contact a parent/guardian to bring appropriate clothing (student will remain in ISS until appropriate clothing is delivered).
- If a parent/guardian is unavailable to bring appropriate attire and the student refuses to turn inappropriate clothing inside out, or wear school provided clothing, the student will remain in ISS for the remainder of the day. If the student continues to defy the school dress code policy, appropriate consequences will be assigned to the student in a progressive manner, up to and including out of school suspension.