BEAT THE WINTER ‘BLAHS’
Ninth Grade School students and their families are invited to the Maximum Twilight Zone, an open house and Book Fair event on Thursday, February 28 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Events include:
• A FREE CHILI SUPPER provided by the Ninth Grade School’s PTSO.
• BOOK FAIR – many middle and high school appropriate books available, including the popular Stephanie Meyer books Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse AND James Patterson’s hot new series Maximum Ride. (Get it? Maximum Twilight Zone?)
Mainly for parents:
• Informative sessions at 6:30 and 7:00 regarding Internet safety for teens and especially cyber-bullying. This is sobering information, but awareness among parents is very necessary in this day of digital communication.
Students AND Parents:
• Counselor Paul Staker will be available in the keyboarding lab to take you and your student through the ILP (Individual Learning Plan) process. This is a very important procedure for your student as it helps plan their course of study and determines proper classes to take throughout high school.
• English teachers Mrs. Owens and Mrs. Burrows will allow their students to present to parents and friends their newly completed digital stories.
• Mrs. Baird will have her science class open for her own version of “weird science”.
• There will be a variety of theme baskets (movie night, sports fan, etc.) that families may bid for in a Silent Auction.
Mainly for students:
• The Cardinal Kroger will be open for business, and as usual, who knows what wild and crazy events they’ll be presenting?
• Tournaments -- A variety of other classrooms will have “tournaments” for students and their families (or NOT!), where students may win prizes, prizes, prizes! These may include
o Rock Band
o Scene It
o Dance Dance Revolution
o Board games or other competitions. Again, prizes, prizes, prizes!
• Kareoke—tune up the vocal cords and be ready to sing. Mr. O’Bryan and the staff of Cardinal Kroger are hosting this event.
• Project Runway—bring your favorite accessories and be ready to create your own fashion project (think PROM dress) out of newspaper. Winner will receive free “couples” ticket to our own version of prom—FROM!