As a district, we understand the past few years have meant many changes in education in Kentucky and the nation. We also understand these changes are not over and will continue for the next few years. This webpage is designed to answer questions parents and community members have about these changes. Throughout these webpages you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions we receive from parents. Reading these webpages will help you better understand answers to the following questions:
- What are the changes that have occurred in education in Kentucky and why have they happened?
- What does it mean that there are new teaching standards?
- What does the new state test and accountability look like?
- How will Scott County Schools prepare my child for his or her future?
- What will happen to content areas such as Arts and Humanities that are not on the new state test?
- What does this all mean for my child?
We encourage you to read each section to better understand many of the changes in state public education that will truly benefit your children as they continue in Scott County Schools.
As always, if you have further questions after reading this, please do not hesitate to contact us at (502)863-3663.
State Testing and Accountability
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)