English Language Learner (ELL) Program
Welcome to Scott County School's ELL website. ELL was formerly known as English as a Second Language (ESL). Our ELL program is offered to students who are not yet proficient in English as determined by an English language screener. We proudly serve almost 400 English Learners (ELs) that come from many cultures and countries with a variety of languages and dialects.
EL students have many challenges. They are learning academic content in a language that is not their own. Scott County School's EL program is grounded in supporting and encouraging ELs' native language proficiency to the maximium extent possible while providing rigorous content instruction and support. Academic expectations are held high for all ELs. At the same time, support in all school environments is also provided.
In SCS, all cultures and languages are welcomed and valued. SCS administrators, teachers and staff understand that EL students bring important assets into the learning environment.
Scott County Schools will develop multilingual, culturally diverse students who are college and career ready and prepared to enter a global society.
Scott County Schools ELL Program will support students and teachers, maintain high standards and provide an academic experience that ensures an equal opportunity for success and empowers ELs to pursue life goals through language acquisition, academic, and cultural experiences.
- Scott County Schools ELL Program will provide instruction to each student in the ELL program in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Scott County Schools ELL Program will provide ELs with equal access to content area instruction in order to make progress toward mastery of content standards.
- Scott County Schools ELL Program will collaborate effectively with teachers and support staff to ensure academic success.
- Scott County Schools ELL Program will provide and promote nurturing classroom environments for all students to communicate and function successfully.
- Scott County Schools ELL Program will promote ethnic pride through cultural diversity and sensitivity in order to participate in school and community life.
Scott County High School, Cardinal Academy, & Elkhorn Crossing
Royal Spring Middle, Scott County Middle, Georgetown Middle
Lemons Mill Elementary
Anne Mason Elementary & Stamping Ground Elementary
Garth Elementary & Southern Elementary
Laura Willhoughby - firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastern Elementary & Northern Elementary
Ashlee Simpson - email@example.com
Anne Mason Elementary, Stamping Ground Elementary, & Western Elementary
Karin Morales - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lemons Mill Elementary, Garth Elementary, Eastern Elementary, Northern Elementary, & Southern Elementary.
Alexis Lockard - email@example.com
Scott County High School, Cardinal Academy, Georgetown Middle School, Royal Spring Middle School, & Scott County Middle School