Dear Anne Mason Students and Parents,
I hope this letter finds you enjoying the warm days of summer! We are enjoying a slower pace at AME during the summer months as we work to prepare for next year. Below, you will find several pieces of important information:
· We have added new staff members for the 2010 – 2011 school year.
o Mrs. Christa Kelly will be joining our intermediate team. She comes to us from Deep Springs Elementary in Fayette County and replaces Mrs. Leonard who retired.
o Ms. Katie Cooper will be joining our Title I team. She was with us as part of the district intervention team last year, but she is now AME’s full time. She is replacing Mrs. Drake who retired.
o Mr. Ed McKinney will be joining our special education team. He taught at Squires Elementary last year in Fayette County. He will be replacing Mrs. Goodin who moved back to Louisville.
o Mrs. Jessie Grant will be joining our third grade team. She student taught for Mrs. Adams last year here at AME. She is replacing Ms. Jenkins who got married and moved to Indianapolis.
o Ms. Mandy O’Donnell will be joining our second grade team. She student taught for Mrs. Willoughby last year here at AME. She is replacing Mrs. Ellison.
o Mrs. Ellison is replacing Mr. Morris who is now the Principal of New Castle Elementary in Henry County.
o Ms. Robin Lowe will be joining us as an interventionist. She taught at Wilmore Elementary School in Jessamine County last year.
o Mrs. Rhonda Morris will be joining us as our PE teacher. She will be replacing Mrs. Cronin who will retire at the end of September.
· Open House will be August 5th from 5:00 to 7:00pm. This will also be a perfect time to join PTO, register for our extended day kindergarten or the afterschool program, sign up to be a volunteer or sign up for a school wide committee!
· School starts August 10th. Please note our official start time of 7:25AM and tardy bell time of 7:40AM. Children will be issued tardies if they enter after 7:40 AM. Students must be accompanied into the office after 7:40am by an adult.
· The bus lot will be open for visitor parking from 8:00am to 2:00 pm each day. Please utilize this parking lot instead of parking in the car rider line.
· Please remember to enter Anne Mason’s campus through Royal Spring Middle School from 7:15 AM to 7:45AM and from 2:30PM to 3:00PM.
· All children must be picked up by 3:00pm each day. We are extremely concerned if children are not picked up by then and will contact the police department to help us ensure that everything is ok with the family if they are still here at 3:00pm.
Though growth brings with it a certain set of challenges, we simply could not be more excited about these latest additions to and changes within our school community. Enclosed with this letter, you should also find a copy of supply lists for 2010-11 school year along with a letter from your child’s grade level team.
Our School Based Decision Making Council would like to hear from you. Our parent members for the 2010-11 school year are Diego d’Angelo, John White and Yolanda Gonzalez, and our teacher representatives are Ryan Mann, Maria Bennett, Missie Hickey and Kelly Inabinet. Our council meets the last Monday of each month at 6:00 in the library.
Have a safe and restful summer! We will look forward to seeing you during our Orientation, Thursday, August 5th, and on the first day of school, Tuesday, August 10th.