Goals of Northern’s STAR Programs:
- To provide a quality, developmentally appropriate childcare program at a reasonable cost in a convenient location.
- To provide a safe, relaxed atmosphere for enrichment, recreation, creativity, and socialization.
- To provide enrichment services, which will afford learning experiences, promote artistic endeavors and provide for the development of the whole child.
Daily Activities for Northern’s STAR Program:
- Snack: A nutritious snack will be served daily as soon as the students arrive.
- Enrichment: Students will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of fun activities that will enhance core content.
- Homework Completion Time: Students will have the freedom to work on school assignment as needed. A quiet location that is conducive for task completion will be provided and along with assistance from on-site staff.
- Arts and Crafts: Students will participate in arts and crafts using a variety of materials and techniques.
- Game Time: Students will participate in a variety of group games, both indoors and outdoors.
- Movie Time: Students will have the opportunity to watch a variety of G or PG movies. (Movie agreement included in registration form.)
- Registration is handled on a first come, first serve basis.
- All applications received after the program is full will be put on a waiting list.
- There is a $25.00 non-refundable fee, due at the time of registration for the program.
- The child must be a registered Northern Elementary School student (K-5th grade).
- Children must be pre-registered to attend program activities (this is not a drop-in service).
Parents and children will follow the same rules, policies, and regulations that are required in the Northern Elementary School Student/Parent Handbook.
- Students: Students must follow all behavior guidelines for the classroom, hallway, playground, cafeteria, and other areas of the school. If students fail to follow these guidelines on a continuous basis, parents/guardians will be notified by the director and/or principal. If behavior problems persist that affect student learning and/or the learning environment of the classroom, the student may be removed from the program.
- Parents/Guardians: Parents have the responsibility of informing the school and STAR Program about any custody situations in which a parent is not allowed to remove their child from the program. A court document signed by a judge must be on file. Parents must advise the school and program immediately in the event of any changes in registration and emergency contact information. Parents should not send ill children to the program.
- Students must sign in upon arrival.
- Parents must enter the building through the last sidewalk of the building. Doors are clearly marked with yellow signs.
- Parent/guardian/authorized person must come into the school to sign their child out before the child will be released.
- Only the people noted on the school registration form may pick the student up from the program.
- Authorized persons must have a photo identification card to show program staff before the student will be released.
- If a situation occurs where a person does not have proper identification or is not listed on the registration form, the child is kept on the school grounds until the legal guardian is notified.
Our staff is CPR/First Aid certified and trained in school-age children and enrichment through licensure-approved classes. The staff/child ratio is 1 adult per 15 children for the younger group. The staff/child ratio is 1 adult per 25 children for the older group.
Snow / Early Dismissal Information:
- Our after school programs will be closed at the time of our school’s early dismissal time. Our program will not be open.
- We have teamed up with Southern Elementary’s Corral, the school’s extended day program.
- Southern’s Corral Program is open EVERY snow day between 6:45 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Cost is $22 a snow day.
- Parents/guardians must provide a sack breakfast and lunch.
- Paperwork is required 48 hours before your child may use this service.
- You must give written permission for Northern staff to share information with Southern staff.
- After-School Program – This program operates daily from 2:35 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on days school is in session. This program does require monthly payment. If school releases early for any reason our after school program is not open.
When and how do I pay?
- Monthly Payment: We require you to pay monthly. The fee is due the first day of each month. These monthly fees may change due to holidays and/or snow days. You will be notified by the program director / worker of such changes.
Month Days Payment
August 15 $165.00
September 21 $231.00
October 16 $176.00
November 17 $187.00
December 12 $132.00
January 21 $231.00
February 19 $209.00
March 22 $242.00
April 15 $165.00
May 19 $209.00
June TBA TBA
How do I make my payment?
- Please make checks payable to Northern Elementary School. DO NOT INCLUDE OTHER FEES ON THIS CHECK such as lunch money, field trip money, etc.
- Your payment must be dropped off in the locked drop box located in the cafeteria or mailed to Northern Elementary School, 3600 Cincinnati Pike, Georgetown, KY 40324 Attn: After-School Program.
- Late payment: All fees are due by the first school day of each month. If payment is not received by the second school day, a $15.00 late fee per child will be assessed. If payment is not received by the first Monday a second $15.00 late fee per child will be added. If payment is still not received by the second Monday a final $15.00 late fee per child will be added and your child may forfeit his/her place in the program.
- Student not picked up on time: If the student is not picked up from the After-School program by 6:00 p.m., the charge is $5.00 per child per minute you are late. Late charges are due at the time of pick-up.
- If you are in need of financial assistance please contact your case worker.
*If you receive financial assistance your contract will have to be given to the program 24 hours before your child can start or you are responsible for the tuition.
IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU MAKE YOUR PAYMENT ON TIME EACH MONTH. WE ARE OPERATING TOTALLY ON FUNDS GENERATED FROM TUITION OF OUR STUDENTS.
Chain of Command:
- For unanswered questions or unsolved complaints please refer to this
order of command:
Instructor, Your child’s Group Leader
Director, Tina Whitt ext. 2105 or email@example.com
Principal, Judi Hunter ext. 2111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our program is operated with an open door policy.
The Principal, Program Director and Staff are always available to answer your questions and hear your concerns.
502-868-5007 or email@example.com
We are glad you are here!