A chart just like the one below has a clothespin with each child’s name on it.
Ready to Learn
Stop and think.
• All students start the day on green—Ready to Learn.
• Good choices cause the student’s clip to be moved up the chart.
• Poor choices cause the clip to be moved down.
• Clips can be moved up or down throughout the day.
• If a child reaches orange—Stop and Think—they will go to a desk and fill out a Think Sheet (see sample on the back).
• Students who end their day on blue—Good Choices—will be recognized as a Shining Star!
• Students who end their day on purple—Great Job!—will be recognized as a Shining Star!
• Students who end their day on pink—Outstanding!—will be recognized as a Shining Star and receive a small treat!
• Behavior is recorded on the Behavior Calendar found on the inside pocket of the STAR Binder each afternoon based on where on the chart your child ends their day on.
• You should discuss with your child any poor behavior while at school.
• You should celebrate with your child any positive behavior while at school.