1) Ask your child what they are learning in P.E. class
2) Exercise with your children at least once a week (play a sport, hike, walk,etc.)
3) Remember that kids need a minimum of 30-60 minutes
of exercise a day!
4) Offer nutritional snacks (fruits, nuts, raw vegetables) in between meals.
5) Look for opportunities to be outside with your children during the months when the weather is a warmer and the days are longer - reduce the amount of TV/video games !
6) Get involved in number of extra-curricular opportunities provided here in Scott County:
http://www.scottcountyyouthbaseball.com/ (youth baseball)
http://www.scsoftballclub.org/ (youth softball)
http://www.scyfootball.com/ (youth football)
http://www.scottcountyyouthbasketball.com/ (youth basketball)
http://www.upward.org/findaleague/ (youth basketball, football, soccer, and cheerleading)
http://georgetownfc.com/ (youth soccer)
http://georgetowntennis.org/ (youth tennis)
http://www.thepavilionky.com/ (swimming, dance, gymnastics, and a variety of other activities)
http://www.unitedtalenttumbling.com/ (dance, gymnastics, cheerleading)
http://www.ymcaofcentralky.org/branches/scott-county-ymca/ (variety of youth sports at the local YMCA)
http://www.dojolocator.com/Kentucky/ScottCounty/ (find martial arts activities in Scott County)