Please read the following about what it means to take Algebra I in middle school.
Credit earned as an 8th grader in Algebra I will be noted on the Scott County High School transcript. This grade will average into the student’s cumulative grade point average (GPA) and will be a factor in consideration for valedictorian.
Students will receive High School credit for successful completion of Algebra I but it will not count as a math credit at Scott County High School. It is required by the Kentucky Department of Education that all students have four years of math in high school. After successfully completing Algebra I as an 8th grader, the student will need to take Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus and either Advanced Placement Calculus or Advanced Placement Statistics.
The following are excpeted everyday in every class.
1. Be Respectful to teacher, peers and self at all times.
2. Be prepared by bringing homework, bellringer, agenda, textbook, pencil, notes and paper to class everyday.
3. Be on time to class and ready to start once the bell rings.
4. Give your best effort on all assignments.
5. Listen and respect the speaker of the floor.
6. Take care and respect school textbooks and materials.
7. Stay on task and use your time wisely.
8. No GUM, candy or drinks except water during class.