Introduction to Social Studies
View Events/Assignments for
Welcome! We are about to embark on a fun-filled year of learning the skills necessary to become a productive and informed citizen of our community and nation. Areas of study include government, citizenship, economics, geography and law/justice. Critical thinking skills and cultural diversity are integrated throughout the course. The topics we will cover include:
- Introduction to Government
- Basic Principles of the Constitution
- Individual Rights and Responsibilities
- Legislative, Executive and Judicial Branches – powers/duties/responsibilities
- Federal Court systems & jurisdiction- KY court systems
- Global Issues and U.S. Foreign Policy
- Essential Themes of Geography
- Basic Principles of Economics
- Role of U.S. Government in the American Economy
In addition, students will be exploring current events and doing analytical writings based on primary and secondary sources in preparation for the types of assessments that they will encounter throughout their high school social studies classes.
No updates will be made to this page after the first of the year. Long term assignments & those for NTI Days will be posted to the respective class' Schoology page. Please see ANNOUNCEMENT below to sign up for Schoology.
- Parent codes available for Schoology!
Hi parents! If you are interested in viewing what's going on with Schoology (our online classroom/discussion board), please send me an email requesting your parent access code. Your student should have already signed up during class time.