The Special Education Department's Collective Commitment to Student Success
We are committed to the continual improvement of every student's academic and social performance by:
- Having high expectations for all students
- Differentiating instruction
- Providing educators with tools to identify gaps in student instruction and achievement in order to implement programs/strategies that will address specific skill deficits
- Ensuring all educators are accountable for student success
- Effective utilization of resources (time, staff and funding)
- Growing teacher leaders
- Advocating for collaboration among all staff
- Maintaining a high level of professional development
- Increasing home and community awareness/involvement
Director of Special Education
Southern Elementary Staff wears blue to support disability awareness!
Staff at Southern Elementary showed their support for Disability Awareness by wearing blue each Monday for the month of April!
Child Find Information