Scott County Schools
STATE AND LOCAL GRANTS
In an effort to comply with board policy andKDE accounting procedures for Kentucky school activity funds “Redbook” in regards to grant applications and funding, please use the following guidelines:
- Before any school, employee, or school related group applies for any grant funding, the grant application must be submitted to the board of education for approval.
- Send a memo addressed to the Board of Education requesting approval to apply for funding. Include a copy of the grant application outlining the purpose and requirements of the grant. Send this to the Business & Finance office to include on the Board agenda.
- Upon approval or disapproval by the Board, notification will be sent from the Business & Finance office.
- If approved, the application may be submitted.
- If grant funds are awarded, the Business & Finance office must be notified. State and Local Grants: Vanessa Stewart; Federal Grants: Sherry Robison
- When the funds are received, they must be forwarded to the Business & Finance office for deposit into Board funds.
- A Grant project will be set up at the district level for expending the funds.
Per Scott County Board of Education Policy 01.11
Applications For Grants
Schools, employees, and school-related groups who are applying for grants on behalf of the District or District schools shall send a copy of the completed application to the Superintendent/designee, who shall present the application to the Board with a recommendation for approval or disapproval. Except as provided by law, such applications shall not be submitted until the Board gives its approval.
Per KDE Accounting Procedures for Kentucky School Activity Funds “Redbook”
- No grant monies, day care fees, adult education fees, or tuition fees shall be deposited in the school activity fund as they must be handled through the central office bank account.
Typical budget items include:
Fixed costs: (Social Security, Worker's Comp and Unemployment Insurance for each employee)
Fringe costs: (Insurance and Retirement)
Indirect costs: (Determined annually by Kentucky Department of Education. Contact Grants Management Office for the percentage to budget or click link.)
Equipment and Supplies
Mailing / Shipping
Printing / Copying