Beginning in the 2016-2017 school year, Scott County Schools will offer Non-Traditional Instruction (NTI) days. NTI days allow learning to continue on designated days when school is cancelled. NTI days count as instruction days and may not have to be made up at the end of the school year if students and staff complete assigned work. In addition to continuity of learning, NTI days help the school calendar resulting in a longer summer vacation for students. Our district can use up to 10 days this year for Non-Traditional Instruction.
Listed below are some important points to remember for NTI days in Scott County:
- Students will NOT attend school on a NTI day. All students will have assigned work to be completed at home on these days.
- The amount of time students spend completing work at home will depend on grade level.
- Most work will be completed online though some paper packets may be sent home. Specific information for your child’s school is included below.
- Teachers will be available 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm during the NTI day either by telephone or online and will let parents and students know the best way to contact them.
- Students will be expected to complete all NTI day work and return it when school resumes.
When the decision to use a NTI day is made, Scott County Schools will notify local news channels, post the information on the Scott County Schools website, and send out a district e-communication message. Instead of Scott County Schools-Closed you will see Scott County Schools-NTI Day.
Sign up for e-communications to receive these messages if you do not already receive district notifications. Visit the Scott County Schools website at www.scott.kyschools.us. District and school websites will include specific assignments, links, and resources for work to be completed by students at each school.
Principal, Lori Beth Mays will be discussing NTI days with our students and Lemons Mill Elementary teachers will be sending home NTI activities and resources on Thursday, December 15. If you have any questions please contact your child’s teacher or Lori Beth Mays at email@example.com or 502.867.6700.