Hope everyone is settling into the new school year and getting into the swing of things!
We have several updates to share today, so please read on!
1) Thank you to everyone who came out to the PTA meeting on Tuesday evening!
2) Spirit wear will be sold through next Friday, 8/25. This will be the only chance to order spirit wear for the year. You may return the form your child received in their folder OR you may order online at: lmepta.myschoolcentral.com
3) Sharing a note on behalf of Mrs. Polk, Art Teacher: "LME families, just a friendly reminder to please be mindful about your kiddos wearing their best clothes on days they have art. Just like students must wear tennis shoes to PE, students should not wear their best clothes to art class in case of accidentally staining them. Although most materials are washable and aprons are used when we paint, accidents DO happen and it is just better to be safe than sorry ?? Thank you!"
4) We're starting a committee to look at how to make sure second shift parents feel involved and welcomed through PTA. Jennifer Baxter, a PTA officer and a second shift parent herself, will be leading this committee. If you'd like to sign up -- click here: https://goo.gl/forms/cjshjCaeUJQcss2T2
5) Membership update...we are over 130 members as of today! That's our best start in the history of the school! We'd love to break 200 this year. Invite your friends, grandparents, neighbors, and more! They can sign up here: lmepta.myschoolcentral.com We'll do a drawing for the membership basket after the 8/31 first month deadline. We also have prizes for the teacher whose class has the most members and the student whose family has the most members signed up (a family 4 pack to the Fall festival on October 20th!).
Finally, don't forget the "Back to School Bash" at Chick Fil A on Tuesday, 8/22 from 5:30-7:30. This event is so much fun -- and the school that wins gets bragging rights for the year and a credit to Chick Fil A to be used throughout the year! Make sure you stop by the LME table to sign in!
We appreciate you and it's a great day to be an LME Lion!
2017-18 PTA President