Developmental Screening is provided at no cost to any 3 or 4 year old child residing in Scott County, Georgetown, Kentucky.
The Screening is an assessment designed to measure a child's developmental skills and determine if a child's level of skills are on target for their age range. If delays in any area of developmental skills are indicated by the screening, further evaluation is provided at no cost to determine any actual developmental delays. The evaluation covers five domains: physical, cognitive, communication, social or emotional, and adaptive.
- Motor: assesses gross and fine motor development
- Concepts: assesses knowledge of basic concepts such as counting and colors
- Language: assesses the child's use of receptive and expressive language
- Self Help: assesses child's daily living skills in areas like, eating, drinking, and dressing
- Social Development: assesses the child's skills in relating to others
This is news article has expired and is no longer viewable.