CLICK HERE for Frequently Asked Questions
The Scott County Board of Education, Superintendent Dr. Kevin Hub, and district leaders are busy preparing for the opening of Great Crossing High School and Creekside Elementary School. Georgetown Middle School is also scheduled for a renovation and expansion during this timeframe.
The proposal was shared during a community forum on January 11, 2018. This proposal offers a long-term solution to meet the needs of our growing community giving special attention to proximity, length of bus routes, elementary and middle school feeder patterns, and natural boundary lines in addition to current enrollment and projected growth. The proposal also discusses exceptions to redistricting as well as open enrollment.
In a community of our size, with unprecedented growth, it is important to minimize disruption for students in the coming years and allow time for families to plan for this change. The proposed elementary, middle, and high school attendance boundaries will take effect in August 2019.
CLICK HERE to view slides outlining proposed boundary changes (1/11/18)
Proposed Elementary School Attendance Boundary Maps (Linked Below):
Anne Mason Elementary School
Creekside Elementary School
Eastern Elementary School
Garth Elementary School
Lemons Mill Elementary School
Northern Elementary School (no change)
Southern Elementary School
Stamping Ground Elementary School (no change)
Western Elementary School
Effective in August 2019, elementary school attendance zones will determine districting for middle and high schools.
Proposed Middle School Districts:
- Students districted to Garth, Lemons Mill, and Southern will attend Georgetown Middle School.
- Students districted to Anne Mason, Creekside, and Eastern will attend Royal Spring Middle School.
- Students districted to Northern, Stamping Ground, and Western will attend Scott County Middle School.
Proposed High School Districts:
- Students districted to Anne Mason, Creekside, Eastern, and Northern will attend Scott County High School.
- Students districted to Garth, Lemons Mill, Southern, Stamping Ground, and Western will attend Great Crossing High School.
- Your feedback is important. Please direct questions to email@example.com. The district leadership team will answer questions and share responses in the on-going Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document linked below. Please check back for frequent updates. Email questions to the above address through February 9, 2018.
- Sign up for text and e-communication messages to receive up-to-date news and announcements. CLICK HERE to sign up.
- The Scott County Board of Education meets onFebruary 15, 2018 both at 6:30pm at the Great Crossing Office Complex located at 2168 Frankfort Road. The proposal will be considered for approval at the February meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The questions in the document attached below were generated during the community forum to discuss the proposed redistricting plan and submitted by email from parents. Like questions have been combined. We thought it important to share the answers in a public format in case others have the same questions.
Several parents asked for specific information based on home address. We understand that this information is important for families. A street guide will soon be available to help with specific inquiries.
CLICK HERE to view FAQ document (1/19/18)