November 20, 2017
Parents and students having trouble accessing IC via the App need to do the following:
- Uninstall the App (we moved to the cloud this summer and it is pointing to the wrong version)
- Reinstall the App. When prompted, use the District Code: TXHZSN
Baseball winter conditioning/lifting will begin on Tuesday, November 28th. We will be on a Tuesday/Thursday weekly schedule until Christmas Break. We will meet in the fieldhouse each night and times will be 7:00pm - 9:00pm.
Please bring updated physical if you have not turned one in and come prepared and dressed appropriately to be inside or outside each night.
PROJECT GRAD MEETING: Our first Project Grad Meeting for the 2017-2018 school year will be December 5th @ 5:30 in the High School Library. We need as many volunteers and parents as possible to make this year’s Project Grad a major success. We also need someone to head up the Decorations Committee this year. Even if your student is not a Senior, we would love to have you help and be a part of this fantastic organization. Plus, it will get you ready for your student’s Senior year. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at:
Juniors: GSP applications are due to the guidance office by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 4th.
- As students return completed dental forms, please bring them to Mrs. Coats in room 275, or put them in the mailbox.
For a complete listing of Counseling Office announcements, please visit our website at https://schsguidanceoffice.wordpress.com/
The Governor’s Scholars Program is a stimulating, five-week, residential summer program for outstanding Kentucky students completing their junior year in high school. The popular program provides academic and personal growth in a challenging, non-traditional environment that balances a strong liberal arts program with a full co-curricular and residential life experience. To be eligible to apply and be selected as a Governor’s Scholar, a student must:
- Be in the 11th grade at the time of selection and intend to return to a Kentucky school district for the next school term (students skipping their senior year to enter college are not eligible);
- Be a current resident of Kentucky
- Have taken the ACT, PSAT, or SAT in the 9th, 10th, or 11th grades.
The updated student application and the “Helpful Hints: Best Practices and Important Information” Packet can be found at gsp.ky.gov under the “Applicants” tab. Completed applications are due to the Guidance Office no later than Monday, December 4 @ 4:00 p.m.